Groundwork Weekend Job List Released
This year’s ground preparation weekend will be held on April 13th & 14th starting at 10am.
Before the start of any season there is always the need for Ground and Pavilion maintenance.
The weekend of 13/14th April has been set aside for the 2013 groundwork, and listed below is the extent of the work that needs to be done.
Some of you may not be DIY enthusiasts but as you can see from the list there are numerous jobs around the ground itself which need to be done. As you are aware we are progressing with the replacement of the Clubhouse itself with a start date planned for the end of the season. So work in the Clubhouse itself will be a general tidy and cleanup to at least make it look fresh.
The list of work is as follows:
• General clean of changing rooms/toilets/pavilion
• Repair light fitting in home changing room
• Remove redundant light fittings/tubes
• Paint external doors/facia/blockwork
• Replace gents toilet window frame
• Repair/replace gents toilet door and lock
• Paint sightscreen
• Paint silver container
• Lag ladies cold water pipes
• Replace extract unit in ladies toilet
• Swap over away changing room opening window
• Repair damaged security bars/door on net storage container
• Fit chicken wire to the dividing fence between ground and football pitch
• Paint wood preserver on wooden gates
• Finish practice area
• Strim all edges and remote areas of ground
There are various items which need painting, particularly the exterior of the changing rooms and the toilets. It is extremely important on the outside woodwork to give it a good “base” rather than just slapping a top coat of paint on it because if it is done properly it does not become a year on year job. The club will supply all paint, brushes etc needed for painting but anyone who has small steps these will be helpful.
So please find time to be available on at least one of the two days, it is your Club and the present Committee is intent on improving the facilities to a much higher standard for all to benefit.